FHL Scholarship Program
Section One: The scholarship program (3-step process).
Application (students submit applications according to Section Two below)
Evaluation (applications are stratified by a non-partisan educational board)
Interview (applicants are interviewed based on the stratification results)
Section Two: Minimum eligibility criteria consists of:
* 3.0 GPA
* SAT Score of 1000 or (high school students only)
* ACT Score of 19 (high school students only)
* 1 page resume which includes demonstrated leadership, community service, experience/involvement/stated interest in the aviation field (if applicable) and any special achievements or recognitions received.
* 1 page essay- 12 Times Roman font, double spaced with 1-inch margins on "The Importance of Leadership (i.e. at home, community, school, etc) and how it impacts 1 or more of the following areas: 1) A healthy home life, 2) Good self-esteem, 3) Quality education, 4) Good career choices, 5) Achieving goals, 6) Good decision-making.
* Email packages to or ANTHONYSTOVALL@YAHOO.COM.
Section Three: Students must provide the following along with their applications:
* A letter of recommendation
* College acceptance letter (if possible)
* Proof of US Citizenship
Students who participate in the high school scholarship competition can also get involve with the FHL College Intern Scholarship Program. The utimate goal is to empower students through mentoring, involvement and management of the FHL Organizaion from an executive perspective (President/CEO, ED, etc) to specific program management areas (aviation, education, leadership health and fitness, etc.). The program will also provide credit for community service learning hours. Institutions will receive an official letter of employment from FHL detailing total hours volunteered, job position/description and goals that were accomplished by the student.